[L]: So, as you can tell, I've been MIA on the computer. I have fallen behind on emails, facebook, and even blogging. And that's because I've been on a quest: A quest for an organized home life. Perhaps for many others, it comes natural and easy. But for me, it seems to be the holy grail in my life that I am forever chasing, never attaining.
I feel like I have to work so hard just to keep things from looking like a bomb shelter...only for it to return to a chaotic look after a long day. Where does the dust come from? Why do random bits and pieces of junk always find its way into our living room? I guess I was able to live with it for a long time... but with Jocelyn crawling everywhere (and pulling herself up), she somehow is able to find the smallest things to eat (like fuzz, paper, etc)... suddenly, this is now a problem.
And of course, that's just the living room. What about all the other aspects of my life that needs to be organized. I feel hopeless thinking about it -- all the old photos from 10 years ago that still needs to be sorted. Let's just say I am ten years behind. And then there's all the other things that needs to get done. But it's all in my to-do list...for "someday".
How do other people do it? How do YOU do it? What system do you follow? I would love ANY ideas at all.
At the same time, I don't want to miss out on the present moment of life. Jocelyn is learning to mimic and recently learned how to do a high-Five and say "Uh-Oh." I don't know why she likes the word "Uh-Oh" but she prefers to say it more than anything else. Everything is UH-OH. =) It's so cute, and it makes me want to just stop. Stop cleaning, stop sorting, stop organizing, and just sit and play with her.
I just recently read an article by Kathy Peele about Time Management called "Time Management Myths". Here's the link. She says it's not about finding the "perfect" system to life, but rather, finding a "rhythm" to life.
What's yours? I am still looking for mine. Perhaps I am a slow learner...so I need just more time. =)
1 comment:
Before baby I was an immaculate house cleaner and kept everything up. Now, I definitely slack in places and have just had to adjust to a new normal bc I too drop everything to play with Ben when he does something so cute (which is constant). You'll find your rhythm eventually and figure out what has to be done and what you can live with undone. Until then, don't stress.
Post a Comment