June 1, 2008

We would like to introduce you to...

... Our little "bao-bao."

Well, that's what people here say. Everytime my friends see me, they will look at my tummy and say, "How's your little 'bao-bao'?"



And then they proceed to tell me what I need to eat and what not to eat...

Some recent advice:
"Don't eat ice cream." (And then they hand me a sack full of apples.)
"Don't use the computer, there is radiation. You need to wear a protective gear."
"Your backpack is too heavy." Then my local friends wrestle away my back pack and wore it themselves. Oh I feel so loved! =)

Even though sadly I already violate all of these rules as we speak...

A recent local Auntie here told me, "We only are allowed one child per family here. The only one family-treasure you have! "

This is when I tear up and realize the vast difference of what it means to be a citizen here versus being an American citizen: Not just in how many kids you have, but in every aspect of life...

The above ultrasound was taken about 4 weeks ago when we took a train to go to a nearby city to see the doctor! [Picture is from 12 weeks.] Wow, who knew that at only 12 weeks, we can already see the distinct facial features, like the nose, lips, eyes... (and of the course, the tiny little arms and legs!)



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of this earth...

You eyes saw my unformed body."

(Psalms 139:13-15)