May 18, 2008

My cousin

[L]: As you know, my extended family is HUGE! My mother is one of 8 children in her family growing up. And my father is one of 5. My parents older siblings have followed the mandate to be fruitful and multiply, and that they have! One of my mom's older sisters has 9 kids. And that's just one aunt, not to mention the others. And my father's oldest sister has 8 kids. So to say the least, I have lots and lots and lots of cousins.

And so, as we grow older... there are weddings, graduations, cousins moves away, some move back... and in the process, many babies being born. Being away this past 2 years, I have learn to appreciate family more and more. I have had to miss weddings. And births of babies. And not only so, lots of family events in between. And since being married, I gained a whole new set of family from Edwin as well! =) Keeping in touch with everyone and with all the changes with extended families has not been the easiest... (My parents usually gives me sporadic updates!)

So imagine my excitement when I found my cousin's website and we were able to connect! It suddenly allowed me a window into her life, that I would never get to know about, since I rarely ever get to see her. She and her husband (who is Romanian) were extremely successful in their careers and lived in San Diego for a time. Then, this past year, they moved to Romania! They live in a little village and even own a chicken farm. How cool is that?!!! And the coolest news is that they are adopting 2 precious little children from Romania!!

I am so excited to hear that there are 2 new children added to our extended family. There is something so special about adoption -- merging people who look very different, but to come together as ONE family through the bonds of love. A choice to embrace someone else unconditionally, as your own flesh and blood.

I wonder why adoption brings about so much emotion in me. Perhaps it's a great resemblence of what God did for us. Though we are separated from Him in our sins, He totally pursues us, loves us unconditionally, wants to adopt us into His family through Christ, and calls us His very own!! And all the while, we didn't have to do a thing! All we have to do is to agree in faith whether or not we want to be part of this Family.

Congratulations to you guys, Chi Tram and Adrian. Welcome to the family, Paulina and Nicolae! (Aren't they a CUTE family!)