June 7, 2008

trapped!

[L]: So, the summer is truly arriving. The signs of that are the buzzing mosquitoes that frequently haunt me.

We are having the same problems as last year: Mosquitoes regularly get sucked into our cheaply-made A/C unit and blown into our apartment, flying in like little mini-torpedoes. And of course, they are delighted when they recover from their dizzying ride through the A/C and find themselves landing on warm human-flesh (namely, us).

Needless to say, our mosquito nets have been in full-use.

The other night, I awaken to find myself needing to go use the bathroom. Sleepily, I got up and unzipped the mosquito net. Half-asleep... I make my way into the bathroom. Then, I got hungry and decided to go get a middle-of-the night snack...

Suddenly, I remembered that I had not zipped-up the mosquito net behind me after I had left! So I quickly run to zip it close, and then head to the kitchen.

Fifteen minutes later, I come back inside the bedroom to see Edwin scratching away at his legs and arms, still somewhat asleep.

Two seconds later, he sits up in bed, while I ran to flip on the lights. Lo and behold, Edwin has been sleeping inside the mosquito net with at least 7 buzzing mosquitoes zipped up with him INSIDE!! I had inadvertantly created a torture chamber by trapping at least 7 mosquitoes inside the net (they are sneaky!), and leaving him there for bait. Sigh.

Needless to say, after hunting and killing all the mosquitoes that made it inside the net, they were all plump with blood.

Sigh... forgetfulness has it's price. Bad wifey... Poor Edwin...

No comments: