[L]: So, of my many classes, one class that I've had consistently since last year was calligraphy. It gradually became more of a blow-off art class, since our teacher is just sooooo nice! She'd bring us ice cream, candy, and show us movies. And when we did do work, we spent the whole entire time just writing radicals (portions of characters) on our notebooks. It was nothing resembling the "calligraphy" I had imagined in my mind.
Then, with a change of heart, near the end of last year, our teacher decided that we finally were ready to use brush and ink! We were so excited we squealed like little kids who finally were given crayons for the first time. And of course, just like in elementary school when I was given very fat crayons and fat pencils... we were given very fat brushes. My first strokes looked more like blobs. Or maybe abstract art.
And week after week, our teacher would patiently watch us make blobs and more blobs. Then, second year rolled around. We were given thinner brushes and better quality paper. And slowly, our blobs looked more like characters...
If this blog was my fridge, I'd be displaying my "ink blobs". And finally this week, my characters came out to look... errr... well, like characters.
Then, with a change of heart, near the end of last year, our teacher decided that we finally were ready to use brush and ink! We were so excited we squealed like little kids who finally were given crayons for the first time. And of course, just like in elementary school when I was given very fat crayons and fat pencils... we were given very fat brushes. My first strokes looked more like blobs. Or maybe abstract art.
And week after week, our teacher would patiently watch us make blobs and more blobs. Then, second year rolled around. We were given thinner brushes and better quality paper. And slowly, our blobs looked more like characters...
If this blog was my fridge, I'd be displaying my "ink blobs". And finally this week, my characters came out to look... errr... well, like characters.