Edwin's Birthday! We celebrated by getting together with some folks and playing my version of "loaded questions." When I say "my version", it means that I make up the questions, make up my version of the rules, keep a strict eye on the "time" with my kitchen timer (my little trusty timer that I brought with me from America!), as well keep score. Oh the joys of being referee and making up questions! (By the way, adding the "time" element to the game makes it oh-so-much more exciting and suspenseful!) It's just so funny all the new things we learn about each other through this crazy question game...
I also found a crazy candle for Edwin's birthday. This candle is in the shape of a flower, with sparklers (fireworks) and music attached it to. When you light the flower, the petals open, a cheesy birthday song starts to play, and then sparklers flare up flames that are almost 6 inches high! After the flames die out, what's left are candles on each open petal and music that won't stop. In fact, after Edwin blew out his candles, we had no idea how to stop the cheesy music. It kept going and going...
We tried submersing the entire "candle/flower" under water... nope. Didn't work. Music played on. Finally, Edwin was able to short-circuit the thing, and the music finally ended! But it was funny nevertheless. Who has an unstoppable super cheesy musical candle with flames shooting out? Well, Edwin did this year.
(Below is a pic of BLURRY Edwin blowing out the candles, after the 6 inch of flames had died down.)
(No wonder this kind of device isn't sold in the States. With flames flaring up 6 inches high on a cake, it's just a lawsuit waiting to happen.)
Easter! Easter this year came so quickly I didn't feel prepared enough! In the past, I would prepare different parties, do egg-dyeing, and even host a mini-Easter egg hunt in our living room with local friends. This year, in one of my hangout times, in a panic without enough eggs to dye, I told them that we would bake a cake instead. You know, the Easter cake. (I know... I had to make up something fun to celebrate. They have never celebrated Easter before, and I wanted them to experience something new. So we baked a cake. Yes, an Easter cake. And my friends loved it -- they have never ever baked anything before!)
So... that brings me to wanting to wish you all a happy Easter!
Anyhow, I have more to share but will save those updates for later! This entry has gotten long enough!