March 3, 2008

my body is breaking down...

[L]: When I was in high school, I had perfect attendance for all 4 years. When I was in junior high, I *almost* had perfect attendance, except for that ONE day I got sick. Even in college, pulling all nighters had little affect on me. I just go take a nap after my test, and my body is back to normal.

Even while I was working at CVS pharmacy, I rarely got sick. (And that's with many sick people coughing in my face as they hand me their prescriptions!) Later on, I worked at BCP Pharmacy, and I don't remember getting sick much there either. [Well, except for when one day my body decided to break out into hives in response to something I ate.]

But now... my body is simply breaking down. In just this year, I've gotten sick 4 times. In fact, each time, it was accompanied by a fever.

Is it the pollution here? Life here? My older age? Stress? A combination? Hmm.... Whatever it is, it is not working well with my body. I've even tried going to bed earlier these days, to eat better, and then, I still struggle with insomnia. Maybe it's "homesickness?" Or, the scapegoat of all things that everyone at one time or another has alluded to... maybe it's in the water.

Sigh.