[L]: It's just so surreal. We are about to pack to go home. We can't imagine that our 1st year being away from home is coming to a close.
Though we plan to arrive home in H-town on July 10th, we will actually be "en route" starting this coming Saturday. We will be stopping at 2 other places, on our way between here and America.
One fear that I have as I prepare for our return home, is feeling like I might have become more "socially awkward". You know... how some people just go away for a while and they come back "different"? I am not talking about "hip, cool different." But like "strange" different. There -- I said it. So if you see me with annoying mannerisms or newer quirks than before, please let me know. =)
One thing for sure is that I now have an enormous fever blister on the bottom of my lip. It developed over the course of last week, when things got so hectic that I didn't stop to rest or drink water. This always happens to me since childhood -- if I don't drink enough water or get dehydrated, I develop a fever blister on my bottom lip. It's almost like a tradition. Maybe it's His way of telling me to "slooooow" down. Also, the sun is beating down, and I am becoming darker and darker as I ride my bike each day. And I have some new zits on my forehead. Not attractive, I tell you.
Anyhow, I have more thoughts and mixed emotions about wrapping up this year. But I'll save that for another time. I should start packing now... to be continued.