February 5, 2012

Joining the band wagon?


Today is superbowl. And normally, I could care less (gasp!) except for the hangouts and the get-togethers...or even the commercials. (Ok I speak for myself. Maybe not for Edwin.) But because we are here in Beantown, people will not let me forget.

Yes, today the Patriots are playing.

It feels like a holiday. Everyone (and I mean everyone!) is out and about. I tried going to the grocery store yesterday and gave up, because I was in a traffic jam. There were hardly any parking spaces. I take our kiddos to the pediatrician (they are both sick!) and even the doctor wore a Tom Brady jersey.

All my coworkers have been talking about the game and counting down.

This town is blessed with glitzy sports team...the Red Sox, the Celtics, and now...the Patriots is in the superbowl.

But, I am just ambivalent. Why? Because deep inside, I still root for our Houston Texans, for the Houston Astros, for warm weather.... for our home teams.

I guess no matter where I live, I am still a Texan at heart. Always will be.

But since there is no "home-team" playing... perhaps the closest next team is the Patriots.

Our neighbors are throwing a party, and I think we are coming.

Okay.... Go Patriots!

No comments: