February 19, 2008

Just weird.

Expectations. They can be useful, helpful, and helps us plan for the future. Perhaps. But when things don't happen the way we envision it... disappointment can set in.

Like what happened to us a month or so ago... at McDonald's.

----------------------------------
Edwin: Can I have a big mac?

Worker: Sorry, no big mac.

Edwin: Can I have a hamburger?

worker: Sorry, we are out of hamburgers.

Edwin (confused, looking around): Oh, he in the other line, looks like he's receiving a big mac!

Worker: No, he's not.

Edwin: Yes he is. It looks like a big mac.

Worker: No it isn't.

Edwin: Fine, I'll get chicken nuggets.

Worker: Okay.
------------------------------

Moral of the story:

Don't always expect McDonald's (at least on this side of the world) to have hamburgers. Or, if you really want it, be persistent and get in the other line. Apparently, our friends who were denied hamburgers in one line, went to another line and was able to get it.

Weird.