February 25, 2008

Interesting English...?!!

[L]: I've grown to love signs that express English with an Asian-flair. It now takes me several seconds to realize that something is wrong with the sign. Maybe I've just gotten desensitized or just gotten use to understanding bad English...that it just doesn't look so bad anymore. haha.

Here's some funny signs taken in two separate locations that I've recently been to -- One place has a ferry... and the other place has a beach.

Exhibit A: This says, "Warning, Do not step on a moving gangplank when the ferry is rolling heavily."

Gangplank??? And I didn't know that a ferry can "roll" so heavily.

My translation? "Watch your step. The entrance ramp into the ferry boat is in constant motion."

Exhibit B: This sign is trying to help point to a rocky path on a beach that isn't too high nor dangerous. Does it mean.... THIS way not too high?? =)

It's a cute sign! Let's just hope I don't end up speaking this way...