Photo credit: Daniel Tran
This past weekend, we went camping with our church in New Hampshire. First time for all of us to go tenting. It was so much work trying to figure out what to pack for the 3 kiddos (4.5 yo, 2.5 yo, 6.5 months) because it made us felt like we had to pack our whole house just to go! Okay, not that much. But it felt like it.
It was exhausting just in packing! And we couldn't take everything, because really, what can you cram into a Toyota Corolla, with 3 carseats squished together in the back? Our trunk space could barely hold the tent, all the sleeping bags, stuff for the kids, swimming things, food, etc.
This is when I DROOL for a minivan. Or any car larger than a Corolla. (Okay, I digress...)
It was exhausting just in packing! And we couldn't take everything, because really, what can you cram into a Toyota Corolla, with 3 carseats squished together in the back? Our trunk space could barely hold the tent, all the sleeping bags, stuff for the kids, swimming things, food, etc.
This is when I DROOL for a minivan. Or any car larger than a Corolla. (Okay, I digress...)
But, we survived.
And at night, there literally were thousands and thousands of twinkling stars.
I had forgotten what the sky looks like without the lights from the city.
I had forgotten what the sky looks like without the lights from the city.
Breathtaking.
(Photo credit: Daniel Tran. He's talented enough to capture all the stars in this pic! And by the way, this photo is not of our tent. Just some other folks from our church who came to camp with us. We camped way further down the hill, away from the building.... long story, but it was exhausting to have to trek up here just to use the bathroom every time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment