November 3, 2011

A re-cap!

Hello there, blogging world! It's been a REALLY long time since I even tried to do an update.

So here is my attempt to keep the few friends/family members who actually take the time to read this blog updated. It's a "thank you" for caring & actually trying to keep up with my life. =)

Here are some recent photos. I say recent...because I still have photos from this summer that I yet have a chance to sort through.

But, I need to start somewhere...or I'll never catch up. Here we go...

Mini-road trip

Right at the end of summer, we took a little road trip to visit some towns and cities nearby. Having lived in Great State of Texas all my life, we can drive up to 12 hours and still be in the SAME state (East to West). So imagine our big surprise when we realized that a 2-4 hour drive can bring us as far north as Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine...and even Canada! Here's a quick snapshot of a lovely quintessential lighthouse in Portland, Maine. The kids did really well on the road, and Jocelyn now looks for lighthouses everywhere she goes.

The discovery of the ERGO!

At the end of summer, we discovered the joys of the Ergo baby carrier! My sister has been raving about it with her own baby (my nephew!), and so when we got a gift card, we spent it on an Ergo and Evan has LOVED it. Here's a picture of Jocelyn (having a bad day) wanting to be held, and with the Ergo, I can hold both kiddos... big and small!

(And no, I am not being paid by Ergo to advertise for them!)

A Glimpse of Fall Colors

Summer was finally over, and the leaves turned color. But this year, the Boston area's Fall Foliage is not as radiant as the years before.

But we still found a tiny little spot by the side of the road...

Jocelyn turning 3 years old!

So Jocelyn is turning 3! How fast time flies. We were tired and didn't want to plan a party...since she probably won't remember anyways. BUT, at the last minute, we decided that we should definitely do something to celebrate her! So we invited our lovely neighbors to the playground in front of our building and had an impromptu party. I googled "how to make quick pinata" and found instructions on how to make a one in less than 30 minutes out of a paper grocery bag and tissue paper! (How do I live without google!).

It was fun and she kept saying..."Happy birthday to ME! This is MY party!" So, I guess she DOES know... Here's Jocelyn hitting her pinata at her party!

Princess Jocelyn

So, for her 3rd birthday, my sister (thanks Aunt Phi!) sent her a princess outfit set, complete with dress, plastic tiara, and plastic wand. Since opening her package, she wants to only wear this...even to sleep.

Here is a photo of her being in princess bliss....

And yes, you guessed it...she was a princess for Halloween.


Happy Costume Day!

Here are some of our lovely neighbors all dressed up for Halloween. I love that there are like over 40 families in our building, and we don't have to go outside for trick-or-treating. We just go down the hallway..... barefoot if we wanted to.

(We inherited a free pumpkin costume someone gave away...so Evan got to be a pumpkin!)

All the kiddos in their costumes-galore...


And, last but not least, we had some friends visit from Houston (J.Lau, Jeremy C, Melody and Rachel). We took them to a seaside town called Rockport....15 minutes from where we live.

Here's a photo courtesy of J.Lau photography!
And believe it or not, J.Lau visited us exactly 2 years ago. And it was also during this time of year that we also visited Rockport! (We love Rockport!)

Here's a photo from 2 years ago below. Same location. Some photographer. Same subjects. Can you tell the difference?


Besides the obvious that we wore the same jackets and aged some...

Two years ago, Jocelyn was almost 1 year old. And Evan? He was not here yet. At the time, we just had moved here. Edwin just started his M.Div program, and I just started a new job at a nearby hospital. We had no idea what God had in store for us.

Now that Edwin is almost done with his program, where will God lead us next? What will our next 2 years of life look like? Only God knows and only time will tell.

As in Ecclesiastes 3:1, it is written....
"There is a time for everything, and a season for everything under the sun."

I wonder what the next season will bring...
(Our parents would sure like to know...!)

2 comments:

lisalonghorn said...

Thanks for the wonderful recap! We have to try to come visit you guys sometime. It looks so beautiful up there!

Mel said...

Yes! Thanks for the blog! I love getting to see what everyone's up to! Your family is SO BEAUTIFUL!