November 2, 2007

Halloween on this side of the world

[L]: Funny how Edwin and I never really experience certain aspects of "American culture" till we came all the way over here to this side of the world.

Last April was my first ever experience with dyeing Easter Eggs. And it was because I was trying to tell my local friends here about Easter in America. They asked me, what do you traditionally do? As a result, I hosted some Easter parties. And we ended up dyeing eggs. My first.

This past Halloween, is also our very first pumpkin-carving experience ever! It's ironic how some of these tradition didn't happen for us while we were back home. It took coming here to a foreign land for us to finally learn how. It is fun indeed. (Our fellow American friends bought pumpkins and we had a pumpkin carving contest. Edwin and I happen to be in 2 separate teams.)

Here are our proud accomplishments.
Here's Edwin's pumpkin:


Here's mine. A friend and I followed a printed pattern, and it looked like a mess when we were done, so we thought we had messed up. But when we lit the candle in the pumpkin, the face came to life, and it was rather freaky by how real it looks with the shadowy-effects. This face looks menacing...

Hooray for our first pumkin-carving experience. =)