Happy Belated Easter!
Sorry that it really has been so long since we've last posted. Don't worry, we are still alive and well! Besides the fact that we have bags under our eyes from not sleeping enough, we are doing okay. This month has whizzed by so quickly!
Some recent changes:
* The weather -- Ick! It's now hot and humid. Well, it can't seem to make up its mind. One day it's cold, and the next day it's hot. I think I've always been afraid of cold weather, but now, I am prefering cold than feeling like I am melting in class from the heat. I believe that there is no spring here. It's winter, and the next thing you know, it's hot. Wowsers.
* I am not so afraid of the butcher anymore. Well, not quite. The other day I was purchasing some meat and produce, and as I was paying on the counter in the little shop, lo and behold, there is an animal liver on counter next to the money box. The owner just casually pushed aside the liver, and plop down the rest of my change onto the counter. Ugh. What was I supposed to do, except cooly take my money and say thank you.
* I have new appreciation for automatic-flush squatty potties. I never knew squatties had automatic flushing capabilities. But now I know. Yeah! =P
One BIG highlight is that some of our beloved friends from home (PB, AR, GL) came here to this side of the world to visit and do some work here. It was so good to see them!!! Seeing them reminds us so much of home & I just started crying seeing them and thinking of everyone. Their visit brought us great memories and it was huge time of encouragement for us! And they brought with them so much love from home. =)
As we reflect on the family and friends we miss so much, other things started coming to mind about home too:
* I miss my pharmacy back at home!! Check out my "other" home where I spent most of my time at before I came here: http://www.bcpvetpharm.com/about_team_pharmacists.htm
* I miss Jason's Deli, Taco Cabana, Taco Bell... oooh, that's quality fast food right there....
* I miss microwave dinners. Lean Cuisine. Healthy Choice. Night Hawk. Kid's Cuisine. Yumm... I guess one good thing is that since there are no such things here, I actually have to go to the market and buy "real" food. And cook it.
* We miss driving our cars! There's something about driving on the freeway and listening to the radio to decompress after a hard day's work. I thought H-town traffic was bad and full of bad drivers... WELL, I stand corrected. The way that people drive HERE makes H-town traffic look so peaceful. I will devote another post about the way people drive here another day... or wait, did I already do that! =)
Anyhow, one funny sign I recently saw, and it made me laugh. I thought I'd post it to share my recent find with you. I blacked out the original native language "to protect the innocent", but I left the English there for you to ponder and reflect...